Bentonite is used as a binding material in the preparation of molding sand for the production of iron, steel and non-ferrous casting. The unique properties of bentonite yield green sand moulds with good flowability, compactability and thermal stability for the production of high quality castings.
- Develops good green and dry strength and better flowability with optimum temperature of water.
- High thermal stability.
- Easy to develop sharp and strong mold edge and corners.
- Good mold strength in high pressure molding.
- Develops good strength at lower addition
- Better control on active clay.
One of the reasons that bentonite is used as a binding material is the possibility of its multiple use. In the process of moulds pouring with liquid metal they are exposed to a high temperature influence, exceeding sometimes even 1000oC. A thermal stability of bentonite, in principle its main component – montmorillonite – as well as changes in microstructure decide on the bentonite suitability for foundry practice.
- 25-30Kg Bags
- 1MT jumbo bag